Michael G. Putter Attorney at Law
Experienced Family Law Counsel For Rome, New York, And The Mohawk Valley
Call Today 315-371-1862 Or Toll Free 866-915-4085

March 2018 Archives

Make friends with 'the other woman' for the sake of the children

Facing the end of your relationship with your spouse can be devastating. However, if you realize that the two of you have either drifted apart or been unhappy for a while, it may be understandable if you find out that your spouse is in love with another woman.

Can I request custody of a child if I am not the parent?

You are not the parent of the children you take an active role in helping to raise, but you love them very much. Recent circumstances have made it necessary to question who the children’s primary custodial guardian should be. If you are not the biological parent, do you have a right to petition the court for custody? When this is a concern, it helps to understand how family law courts in New York address the matter.

Will you need to file a Qualified Domestic Relations Order?

Divorcing New York residents often are surprised to learn that their divorce judgments and property settlements fail to address the dispersal of pension funds from a participant's benefits account. They discover that what they actually need to file are Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs).

FindLaw Network

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy