Michael G. Putter Attorney at Law
Experienced Family Law Counsel For Rome, New York, And The Mohawk Valley
Call Today 315-371-1862 Or Toll Free 866-915-4085

division of pensions Archives

Will you need to file a Qualified Domestic Relations Order?

Divorcing New York residents often are surprised to learn that their divorce judgments and property settlements fail to address the dispersal of pension funds from a participant's benefits account. They discover that what they actually need to file are Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs).

A pension that hasn't matured is still marital property

You have a pension plan, but you're not yet old enough to get the payments. That is to say, the plan hasn't matured yet. You are vested, so you're going to get that money, but you haven't been getting or using the checks at this point.

FindLaw Network

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy